Thursday, July 7, 2011

iPad 2 Keyboard/Case (Short Take)

DSCF5056
Yes, I'm a tech junkie. Even  before I bought my first computer at age fourteen I had an obsession with electronic gadgets. Truth be told, I'm also a wee bit jaded though. I know it might seem like I'm constantly getting excited by one new gadget or another but that's not true. Really.

OK, so maybe it is. My latest obsession is a very cool looking/sounding Aluminium iPad 2 case I spotted yesterday that comes with an integrated keyboard. Total price for two of these with shipping? $120. That's not chump change but if they are anywhere close to as nice as they look it should be a great investment. My wife now has her own iPad 2 and immediately wanted one of these as well when I showed it to her.

I've been looking with envy at the Asus Eee PC Transformer for awhile now. As I've written before, the concept of a tablet with optional detachable keyboard is appealing to me as it combines the best of both worlds. I already have a small Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard that I use with my iPad occasionally. It works great but is a bit cumbersome to lug around. In two or three weeks when my new purchase arrives I won't have to any more. As an added bonus this thing kind of makes an iPad 2 look like a Macbook Air.

I'll write a real review once I've had  some first hand experience with my new purchase. Delivery is likely a couple of weeks out and I'll want at least a day or two of use before I venture an opinion. At least that's the plan. Cool tech toys and poor impulse control tend to go hand in hand with me.

Image by dishfunctional via Flickr
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment