Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Goodbye Steve Jobs And Thank You

I posted the following on both Google+ and my Facebook page.

The things I learned from observing Steve Jobs career are that technology is secondary to the experiences it creates and that details matter. It's very sad to see him gone so soon but oh what a legacy he left.

Like pretty much everyone else I'm greatly saddened by Steve's passing. I've loved technology for as long as I can remember and while I was never an Apple fan boy I've grown to greatly admire Steve Jobs and the company he built over the years. He always pushed the status quo and while sometimes it pushed back more often than not he came out on top. He has been described as relentless, painfully honest and focused. He was in short exactly who he had to be to accomplish what he did.

I suppose that last sentence is a truism, but it says what I wanted to say so I'm going to let it stand.

Nobody did it like Steve Jobs. A Quintessential American original from start to finish. The world became a little less exciting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment